Friday, September 16, 2011

9/16/11 Introduction

I've been going through an intensive life and spiritual experience the last 4 months.  I found a tender lump which turned out to be a Stage1 lymphoma in early May 2011, and have just completed chemotherapy and radiation.  I've been posting regularly about this, with various experiences, thoughts, poems, and writings, on CarePages.com (my page there is BarbaraShowalter) over this time.  Several people have suggested I start a blog and keep sharing, so here it is.

The lymphoma is gone, and I view it as an unexpected gift, one which encouraged me to make changes and better balance my life, and has led me to look at different possibilities now rather than at some indefinite time in the future.  Some of the new things I'm drawn to are writing and leading healing retreats, which I'm just starting to investigate and move toward.  I'm working part-time as a family doctor, rather than full-time plus.  I'm attuning myself more to moving with the breath of the Holy Spirit rather than long "to-do" lists.  I'm looking at what I really love to do (like being out in nature, reading, aikido, connecting deeply with people), and spending more time with those things.

Yesterday I scheduled myself a morning for contemplation rather than at work in my office, and the peace from that (and from aikido in the early evening and taking a couple of walks) has extended through today.  (I wrote about the contemplation time last night on CarePages.)  One of the images was floating like a feather on the breath of Spirit.  Awake, aware, effortless, arriving at exactly the right place and time.  (Nothing I could ever do by trying on my own. No need to have it all figured out.  We can't do that anyway, nor can we control things.)

I wish you joy and love and peace on your journey.  Perhaps we will move together on the wind for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog land. Great to see you here although I have been reading all your posts. I am so happy that you are doing well - think of you all the time. We love you and miss you - Judy and LeeRoy

    ReplyDelete